logo
Login

Inside this section

We’ve Stood the Test of Time

July 13, 1900 The bank opens its doors as a state chartered bank—The Liberal State Bank—becoming the first bank in Liberal in the 200 block of North Kansas Avenue. J.E. George begins his service as President, a post he would retain until 1926.
April 13, 1903 The Liberal State Bank switches to a national charter, becoming The First National Bank, and moves to 206 North Kansas Avenue
1960 First National Bank moves to 324 North Kansas Avenue.
1975 Heirs of the original owners, the J.E. George family, sell their interest to the Winger family.
1975 First National Bank installs Liberal’s first ATM and builds the Express branch at 4th & Lincoln.
1983 Stan Herd creates murals for the outside and inside of the Main Bank building.
1996 First National Bank establishes the Hugoton branch.
May 20, 1998 Money $ Mart opens in the Walmart Supercenter at 250 East Tucker Road.
May 2001 Hugoton Branch moves into its new building at 502 South Jackson Street.
July 2003 First National Bank purchases Western State Bank in Hugoton.
December 2006 South Express branch opens at 930 South Kansas Avenue.
May 11, 2007 The new Main Bank building breaks ground.
June 23, 2008 The Main Bank opens for business in its new building at 1700 North Lincoln Avenue.

Back to Top